Sunday, December 18, 2011

First Glimpse of India

 COUNTDOWN TO INDIA...

In 14 days I embark to Chennai from Boston on a tour through Southeastern India and its gorgeous temples.

Did I mention that I am a terrible traveler?

Hence, The Neurotic Traveler (TNT) was born.







To Pill or Not To Pill...
The biggest question so far has been how much medication to bring and is it legal?  I am not contemplating smuggling only popping Valium  (did I mention I'm a terrible traveler?)

My doctor gave me a vial but only with a stern admonition:, "this is strictly for flying.  I don't normally do this because people can become addicted.  Can't you meditate instead?"  I nodded and said, "no."  The flight is  twenty hours.  Not even Buddha could mediate that long in air turbulence.





Writing with Head Scarf
 
No one in my family thinks I will last a day in India.  I'm about to prove them wrong...

1 comment:

  1. I think you look fabulous writing in a head scarf. Sandals, sandals, did I say SANDALS for southern Ind-ja? And tea--lots of tea. Can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete