Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Good-bye to All That...

'Twas the week before Chennai...(Christmas Day to be exact) when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

Pristine Country View  (horses included)

Despite the nippy temperatures, I couldn't help taking a walk and admiring the breath-taking Catskills, frozen grass, picture-perfect barns and of course...horses.

Did I mention we don't have horses in New York City?

Last call for apples

Even the orchards looked inviting, I had to admit. 
I also took a moment to admire the picaresque church--(it was Christmas, after all!)

Extremely Old Church    





Realizing that soon, I'd be on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD,
I calmed myself by counting the miles...


Here's the count:
Boston to Frankfurt: 3,660 miles
Frankfurt to Chennai: 4,720 miles


GRAND TOTAL: 8,380 miles
Maybe, I shouldn't think about it....
And just meditate on Nature instead

Pine Tree At Rest
Did I mention that I have trouble meditating?


1 comment:

  1. Safe and happy travels!! I'm sure it will be really beautiful! Report back on the coffee and shoes situation, haha!
    xoxo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete